School Nurse (Private Duty Nurse) - BD-178-02 (23782499)
Adelphi is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to provide private nursing services in a school district in Dallas, Texas. The nurse will be required to work with children, adolescents, and families in a community, school, or home health setting. The services include but are not limited to, providing one-on-one nursing services and attending a field trip with the student during the school day.
Job Quick Facts:
• Ref #: BD-178-02
• Profession: Registered Nurse (RN)
• Specialty: School Nurse (Private Duty Nurse)
• Location: Dallas, Texas
• Facility Type: School that caters to students with special needs
• Job Type: Contract
• Start Date: TBD
• Contract Length: 3 years
• Population: Between the ages of 3 and 21
• Shift Schedule: 40 hours/week
• Active Texas license
• BLS/ACLS Certification
• Bachelor’s degree / Approved certificate program
• Provide one on one nursing services throughout the school day.
• Provide first aid care and health assessment.
• Urinary catheterizations
• Suctioning and reinsertion of a tracheotomy tube
• Administer care of the student according to the physician’s order and document such care.
• Define the student’s care at school.
• Utilizing the physician’s orders, a contract agency registered nurse will write a plan of care for the student.
• Ascertain that all required equipment is clean, in good working order, and with the student at school
• Notify the parent and school of any problem with the medical materials, equipment, and/or medications provided by the parent
• Ensure that sterile items are in intact bags and within the expiration date
• Maintain and check oxygen cylinder daily if used or stored in the school
• Tracheostomy care
• Care of a ventilator-dependent student
• Gastrostomy care and feeding, including feeding pumps
• Reinsertion of a gastrostomy tube
• Use of an Ambu bag