School Nurse (Private Duty Nurse) - BD-178-01 (23782498)
Adelphi is seeking a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) to provide private nursing services in a school district in Dallas, Texas. The nurse will be required to work with children, adolescents, and families in a community, school, or home health setting. The services include but are not limited to, providing one-on-one nursing services and attending a field trip with the student during the school day.
Job Quick Facts:
• Ref # : BD-178-01
• Profession: Licenced Vocational Nurse (LVN)
• Specialty: School Nurse (Private Duty Nurse)
• Location: Dallas, Texas
• Facility Type: School that caters to students with special needs
• Job Type: Contract
• Start Date: TBD
• Contract Length: 3 years
• Population: Between the ages of 3 and 21
• Shift Schedule: 40 hours/week
• Active Texas license
• BLS/ACLS Certification
• Bachelor’s degree / Approved certificate program
• Provide one on one nursing services throughout the school day.
• Provide first aid care and health assessment.
• Urinary catheterizations
• Suctioning and reinsertion of a tracheotomy tube
• Medication administration and management
• Observation for adverse reactions, response or lack of response to medication
• Oxygen administration and ventilator care
• Enteral (tube) feedings
• Other treatments ordered by the physician, physician’s assistant (PA), or nurse practitioner
• Continuous glucose monitoring, diabetic pump monitoring, and compliance with doctor’s orders for diabetic care.
• Collaboration with the student’s primary physician regarding all medical/mental health-related services
• Obtaining medical orders and providing copies of the school health record.
• Maintaining appropriate documentation for each assigned student.
• Keeping the school nurse/principal apprised of students’ needs and status.
• Ensuring the availability and working order of medical equipment and supplies.