Health Service Administrator (South Bay) - 23733785
Health Service Administrator, up to $120K a yr at South Bay Correctional and Rehab Facility in South Bay, FL
Looking for a new pathway in your healthcare career? Are you dedicated to making positive impacts on other people? If you’re a Health Administration professional looking to help others while building a rewarding career, keep reading. As the industry's global leader in evidence-based rehabilitation, we are looking for people like you to add to our growing team of professionals!
Join A Community That Cares
Joining GEO means contributing to our mission to provide the best rehabilitation and community reintegration programs and services to those in our care. GEO is a place for professional growth, exploration, creativity, and valuable interpersonal relationships. Interested in achieving extraordinary things? Send in your application. Every one of our employees makes us who we are.
Role and Responsibilities
You will manage and evaluate facility health services activities based on company policies, contractual agreements, and healthcare goals and objectives. You will also manage your department's budget and improve the operational efficiency of your facility's health service program.
- Manage the overall operations of your healthcare facility.
- Ensure the healthcare needs of the facility are met (as per our policies and goals).
- Coordinate the work of colleagues and contract providers (hiring, evaluating, training, promoting, and terminating).
- Ensure adequate staffing (and licensure of all personnel) to meet the healthcare needs of the detainees/inmates.
- Monitor operational issues (overtime, issuing forms, auditing medical files, requesting records, ensuring detainees or inmates receive necessary intervention and treatment, etc.).
- Determine and track the health services unit's budgetary expenses and recommend ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Attend educational seminars from time to time.
We're looking for individuals from different backgrounds
Building an inclusive culture where every employee can perform to their maximum potential is the center of GEO’s employee value proposition. Our success is based on diversity in our workforce and the inclusion of eclectic perspectives, ideas, and backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply. Here’s to unlimited ideas, increased productivity, and innovative solutions!
Patience, empathy, and problem-solving abilities are key qualities we look for when hiring. This position is for someone who wants to handle a variety of responsibilities and demonstrate exceptional organizational and communication skills. Apply if you have:
- Five (5) years of work experience in healthcare administration or healthcare management in a supervisory capacity, including experience managing clinical staff and clinical operations.
- Strong verbal and writing skills. Must be able to disseminate verbal instructions or training clearly and in a manner that is understood by the intended audience. Must be able to write memorandums and reports in a clear, concise, and accurate manner.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software.
- Experience in healthcare planning, budgeting, and meeting contractual obligations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration or a Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Nursing.
- Work experience in a correctional or detention setting in an administrative or supervisory capacity.
- Experience working in an outpatient setting.
- Frequently: Lift or carry 10 lbs.; walk, stand, sit.
- Occasionally: Lift or carry up to 60 lbs.; Push/pull up to 40 lbs.; Bend, stoop, reach above shoulder level, drive automatic vehicles, work with machinery, climb.