Assistant Director, Nursing - 34801 (Kingman) (23733600)
SALARY RATE: UP TO $86,008 Annually
Job Description and Responsibilities
Are you looking for a career you can feel good about? We hire only those that strive to do their best. By joining our family, you'll receive the honor and recognition that comes with working for the industry's global leader in evidenced based rehabilitation.
Who We Are:
GEO provides complementary, turnkey solutions for numerous government partners worldwide across a spectrum of diversified correctional and community reentry services. From the development of state-of-the-art facilities and the provision of management services and evidence-based rehabilitation to the post-release reintegration and supervision of individuals in the community, GEO offers fully diversified, cost-effective services that deliver enhanced quality and improved outcomes.
Why Work for GEO:
- At GEO, we believe that diversity in our workforce and the inclusion of a variety of views, perspectives, and backgrounds are integral parts of our company's success.
- We believe that work is more than a place you go every day. It is about being inspired and motivated to achieve extraordinary things.
- Employee benefits play an important role in making The GEO Group a great place to work. At GEO, we believe in the three pillars of employee wellbeing: physical, emotional, and financial. With comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we trust that you will find all the resources you need here to be successful.
Supervises and evaluates the performance of nursing and clerical staff. Evaluates and provides comprehensive nursing care in a correctional setting while observing and maintaining the requirements of security.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains a good working relationship with correctional personnel, nursing staff, contract providers, and outside provider agencies.
- Utilizes established corporate and correctional policies and procedures in making decisions.
- Responsible for staff scheduling and supervision including:
? Assisting management in recruiting, orienting, supervising and evaluating the performance of nursing and clerical staff.
? Staff Scheduling:
? Ensures adequate coverage on all shifts.
? Fills in as needed during periods of short staffing
? Monitors call-ins and use of overtime.
? Ensures the proper flow of relevant information (policies, procedures, in-service, problems, etc.) to supervisor and supervised personnel.
? Monitors and ensures strict staff compliance with all applicable pharmacy laws.
? Organizes daily activities and ensures adequate staffing for these activities.
? Maintains shift assignments.
? Reports any staff problems to management on a regular basis.
- Ensures adequate supplies and pharmaceuticals to meet the needs of the detainee/inmate population. Reports any over-usage, vendor problems, needs, recommendations and budgetary concerns to management.
- Ensures that detainees/inmates arriving at the facility are adequately oriented to services available and procedure for obtaining medical services.
- Ensures that all detainees/inmates assigned to work as medical orderlies are trained in the handling of contaminated waste and proper cleaning of contaminated surfaces. Monitors their compliance with instructions.
- Performs random audits of medical records, logs, sharps, narcotic counts, outside referrals and sick call, etc. Counsel employees or provide in-service for noted errors. All findings shall be submitted to the management for review and recommendations.
- Participates in quality assurance activities. Makes recommendations for monitoring needs and plans activities for correcting deficiencies. Reports problem areas in writing to management.
- Monitors the assignments, review of records, and care plans of the chronic disease clinics ensuring follow through per policies and procedures.
- Assists management in monitoring environmental sanitation, safety and health related issues by performing inspections. Generates recommendations based on inspections and review of other inspections to management for further management dissemination.
- Responds to informal grievances from inmates to management’s designee. Reports any grievance with potential liability to the management for his/her information and consideration of action.
- Monitors care of serious medical conditions with the potential for life threatening or liability issues for appropriate follow-through.
- Assumes on-call status for staff problems. Assumes on-call status in absence of direct management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s or Bachelor's degree from an approved program; graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. Must have a current, unrestricted license to practice as Registered Nurse in the state the facility is located. Maintains a current copy of license on file at the facility at all times.
- Two (2) years of direct work experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience and competence in performance of the following services: crisis intervention, medical emergencies, physical assessment, medical nursing care, and psychiatric nursing care preferred.
- Must have the ability to work without direct, immediate supervision in performing nursing diagnosis, and be able provide appropriate follow through treatment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER