Nursing Supervisor (RN) - 33929 (Rio Grande) (23672153)
Salary Rate: Up To $115K Annually
Job Description and Responsibilities
Are you a Registered Nurse with supervisory experience looking for a challenging yet rewarding environment, where you can really make a difference? Are you passionate about people and believe that everyone deserves the highest quality of healthcare? If so, then we have the role for you! As the industry's global leader in evidence-based rehabilitation, we are looking for people like you to add to our growing team of professionals!
Join A Community That Cares
Joining GEO means contributing to our mission to provide the best rehabilitation and community reintegration programs and services to those in our care. GEO is a place for professional growth, exploration, creativity, and valuable interpersonal relationships. Interested in achieving extraordinary things? Send in your application. Every one of our employees makes us who we are.
Role and Responsibilities
Whilst supervising our nursing and clerical staff, you’ll play a vital part in providing the highest level of Nursing care to inmates/detainees. You’ll also put a special focus on maintaining our safe and secure workplace.
- Maintain relationships with correctional staff, nurses, contract providers and agencies.
- Responsible for staff scheduling, ensuring there is cover and monitoring overtime.
- Assisting management in recruiting, onboarding, supervising, and evaluating performance.
- Monitor staff compliance to all facility policies.
- Perform audits of medical records, narcotic counts, referrals, and sick calls.
- Maintains adequate medical supplies to meet the needs of the detainee/inmates.
- Ensures that all detainees/inmates working as medical orderlies are sufficiently trained in sanitary practices.
- Monitors care of serious medical conditions with the potential for life threatening or liability issues.
- Follow industry and company accreditation policies.
We're looking for individuals from different backgrounds
Building an inclusive culture where every employee can perform to their maximum potential is the center of GEO’s employee value proposition. Our success is based on diversity in our workforce and the inclusion of eclectic perspectives, ideas, and backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply. Here’s to unlimited ideas, increased productivity, and innovative solutions!
People management skills, vigilance and natural empathy are all key qualities we look for. Our employees feel proud to play a role in our patient’s re-entry to society.
- Associate’s or Bachelor's degree from an approved program; graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. Must have a current, unrestricted license to practice as Registered Nurse in the state the facility is located. Maintains a current copy of license on file at the facility at all times.
- Two (2) years of direct work experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience and competence in performance of the following services: crisis intervention, medical emergencies, physical assessment, medical nursing care, and psychiatric nursing care preferred.
- Must have the ability to work without direct, immediate supervision in performing nursing diagnosis, and be able provide appropriate follow through treatment.
- Frequently: Lift or carry and push/pull up to 40 lbs.; walk, stand, sit, bend, stoop and reach above shoulder level.
- Occasionally: Lift or carry and push/pull up to 60 lbs.; work with machinery and climb.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER