Reno, Nevada Registered Nurse (RN) Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Travel Nursing
Ivory Medical is seeking local, daily drive-in Registered Nurses (RNs) available to support a state-of-the-art acute care hospital in Reno, Nevada beginning as soon as possible.
We are seeking providers available for 3-12 hour day shifts per week scheduled (7:00am - 7:00pm). Our top-rated facility is well-equipped with a robust multidisciplinary team of healthcare providers and support staff. In order to continue to provide the best care possible, we are in need of additional Registered Nurses with recent/current ICU experience for flexible scheduling assignments.
Eligible candidates will need to provide current proof of COVID vaccination with either part-time or full-time availability. If you are available to help us continue to provide exceptional care to Northern Nevada, please don't hesitate and apply with an updated resume and our recruitment team will get everything in place!
- Contract Type: Travel Nursing (ICU)
- Start Date: ASAP
- Schedule: Flexible 3 12-hour shifts per week
- Shift Availability: Days (7:00am - 7:00pm)
- Evaluate and monitor the patient’s progress.
- Identify sudden or subtle changes in a patient’s medical condition.
- Deliver regular updates to doctors, patients, and their family members.
- Begin treatment and monitor doses.
- If necessary, respond to a medical emergency and alert the appropriate doctors.
- Care for patient needs throughout their recovery in the ICU unit.
- Complete all necessary paperwork before transferring a patient.
- Maintain patient records.
- Create and implement effective care plans
- The Intensive Care Unit (ICU) presents a challenging set of responsibilities for an ICU Nurse. Registered nurses (RNs) in this department work with patients who are in critical condition, requiring 24/7 care. ICU Nurses are primarily responsible for applying their nursing specialties to maintain a patient’s health and life. Common responsibilities include head-to-toe assessments, wound care, medication administration, and much more. Similarly, an ICU Nurse will chart vitals and monitor the patient’s condition to prepare for worst-case scenarios.
- This nursing job requires attention to detail and high critical thinking, as well as great social skills to make a patient feel comfortable. Oftentimes, nursing professionals in this field enjoy the opportunity to establish genuine connections with their patients. ICU Nurses are known for their compassion and humanity while following complex tasks in order to deliver a higher level of patient care.
- Current Nevada State License
- Current/Unrestricted Registered Nursing Accreditation
- 5+ Years of Recent/Ongoing ICU Experience
- Certifications: BLS, ACLS