Join a Great Team with Strong Salary and Benefits. Eagle Health has a work environment that promotes diversity, embraces change, and provides leadership opportunities to every team member. We are on a fast track within the DoD, DoJ, USAID, and DHA community and are seeking skilled professionals to take us even further. So if you are looking to make a move and are a motivated professional who welcomes new challenges, take a look at Eagle Health... We have your next GREAT OPPORTUNITY!
Hours of Operation: Typical hours of operation for Occupational Health is 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Friday (Work eight hours per day with a one-hour lunch break)
- Administers a comprehensive nurse-oriented occupational health service in compliance with program elements as outlined in Army Regulation 40-5 (PAM 40-11) and OSHA requirements. Such as job occupational and non-occupational disorders, illness/absence control, communicable disease clearance, hearing and vision conservation programs, health education and counseling services, job related immunizations, respiratory protection program, chronic disease surveillance, epidemiological investigation of occupational illness and injury, and maintenance of medical and administrative reports.
- Elicits histories and performs physical examinations as related to occupational hazards, patient's history, and/or fitness requirements of the work assignment.
- Identifies, orders, reviews and interprets examination test results; discriminates between normal and abnormal findings to recognize early stages of physical, emotional, or mental problems, and make recommendations for hire/retention.
- Makes recommendations for and provide immunizations in accordance with immunization practices prescribed by Center for Disease Control, job requirement, Occupational Health medical surveillance matrix, and physician's guidance.
- Collaborates with the physician preceptor of employees with selected or complex problems, initiate referrals when appropriate, and coordinate health care aspects as required.
- Collaborates on formulation of OHN program policies, goals, objectives and standards.
- Insures uniform application of all administrative and technical operative policies and procedures.
- Conducts an internal medical records review of completed nursing services offered to assure efficiency and effectiveness of OH nursing program by randomly selected five co-workers on a monthly followed by OH SOP.
This Registered Nurse job opening last updated on 05/01/2023. Contact the employer using the Apply Online button or the information on this posting and mention you saw this job posting on RNJobSite.com.
- Education: A graduate or higher-level degree, bachelor's degree, associate degree, or diploma from an accredited professional nursing educational program is required. This education must have been accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs, Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained.
- Foreign Degree: A degree from a Foreign Nursing School. Official certification from the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools is required for individuals who graduated from foreign nursing schools.
- Licensure: A current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a professional nurse from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States; and you must have passed the National Council Licensure Examination.
- Experience: A diploma, associate degree, or bachelor's degree in Nursing from a professional nursing program and possession of at least one full year of professional nursing experience which includes performing occupational or routine patient assessments, educating individuals or groups on occupational health topics, and assisting with coordination of occupational health programs.
- Education: A PhD or equivalent doctoral degree from a professional nursing educational program or related medical science field.
- Three (3) full years of progressively higher-level graduate education from a professional nursing program.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of Occupational Health Program medical examinations for pre-employment, fitness for duty, medical surveillance, special duty certification, job certification requirements, and more.
- Ability to perform/ develop necessary skills to conduct vision screenings, audiograms and spirometry, and ability to recognized evidence of possible occupational illness or injury.
- Administer medicine/treatments authorized by physician/physician assistant for work and non-work-related injuries and illnesses with appropriate consultation and referral.
- Follow up on occupationally related medical illnesses, injuries, accident and incident reports involving employees and other conditions adversely impacting an employee’s medical status.
- Recognize more insidious health effects frequently produced from long-term (chronic) exposure to toxic chemicals or harmful physical agents and plan screening tests to identify medical changes before disease occurs.
- Develop, coordinate, update, and implement health education on an individual or group basis through counseling, lectures/group dynamics.
- Conduct individual/group counseling and health education programs to employees; prepare and provide handout materials, teach and ensure safe working practices, provide guidance in promoting preventive medicine.
============================================= --> Cape Fox FCG Careers | Washington, DC, team-oriented, mission, small business, diversityCape Fox Corporation strives to provide a unique, flexible, family-oriented culture. We value hardworking, motivated employees who bring their talent and expertise to the table. In return, we are committed to providing opportunities for professional development and career growth.Careers at Cape FoxWe support our Alaska Native shareholders, in the Tlingit village of Saxman, Alaska.Cape Fox is also proud of what we do to support our armed forces, government, and health care providers.We also strive to help our local communities through non-profit and charity work.Ultimately, "if we are not helping others, then our community is not healthy." -Thomas Harris,...Click here to view the full company profile and all jobs posted by this company